Eco Club Activities :
- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Promote the ethics for conservation of water .
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Organize tree plantation programmes, awareness programmes.
Eco Club, Chikkanna Govt. Arts College organized a “Bird watching” programme for Eco club members at Nanajarayan Tank on13.01.2015. Number of migratory birds from Eastern and Western Europe were observed during bird watching programme. Totally 25 Eco Club members were selected for this programme, Eco Club Coordinator Dr.A.Mohankumar and Mrs.Jeminarani, Executive Member of Eco Club were taken the Eco Club members.
Beyond Academics.... . .